The Northern Virginia Church of Christ is a non-denominational, Bible-based Christian church committed to loving God and to loving one another. We strive to follow the teachings of Jesus, and to make a difference in the lives of those around us.
We hold regular Sunday worship services at Oakton High School , and have Wednesday midweek meetings in Oakton, as well. We also meet in homes for Bible Study, prayer and encouragement.
Please explore our site to learn more about what we believe and to see what's going on in our various ministries. If you have specific questions or need more information, please don't hesitate to contact us.
We hope you will come and worship with us!
If you are a student, a parent of a child who is a student, a teacher, or if you ever in your life went to school, you know what this time of year means: It’s back to school time! This season of life is for getting into a schedule and routine for the fall, even if school isn’t in your life circumstances right now. It just seems like the approaching autumn days makes everyone take stock and make plans. Time to get organized and get moving into the last few months of 2017! With that in mind, consider the next few weeks, and the plans for the NOVA church members as there are several exciting events to look forward to!
- Devoted Moms – Wednesday, August 30, at 7:30 PM. This is for all the women of the church and their friends, who desire to be inspired about the most precious commodity we have: Our children. Any woman who is a mom, wants to be a mom, is a grandmother, nanny, teacher, or babysitter, or who just likes kids, is welcome!
- Park Services – Sunday, September 3. Our outdoor services will be followed by potluck lunches and fellowship. See the inside bulletin for details!
- House Church Leaders Workshop -- Saturday, September 9 at 10:00 AM till 1:00 PM. Sam and Geri Laing, from West Palm Beach, Florida, will be teaching on ways to make our house churches more family focused and effective. House Church Leaders, please plan to attend and also bring with you those in your group who would like to serve the church in this way.
- Parent/Teen/Pre-teen Devotional – Saturday, September 9 at 6:00 PM. Sam and Geri Laing will be teaching the parents of teens and pre-teens, sharing their experiences and Biblical insights.
- “Hot and Holy” Workshop – Sunday, September 10 at 10:00 AM till 1:00 PM. Sam and Geri will be teaching the marrieds only on the Biblical view of intimacy within marriage. There will be Kingdom Kids classes during this time; our singles, teens and campus will be helping out so that all married couples can attend the workshop. That afternoon, the Campus, Teens, and Singles will have a special Worship Service at Oakton High School at 4:00 PM.
- Invitation Service – Sunday, September 24 at 10:00 AM. A great opportunity to invite our friends and neighbors for a special day of worship and preaching.
(All the above activities will take place at Oakton High School.)
So many good things to look forward to! Please be praying and preparing for great things to happen this fall in the NOVA church!
Also, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your love and encouragement as we celebrated 10 years of service with the Northern Virginia Church. We believe God gave us blessing upon blessing to be here with you. You are a wonderful group of God’s people…we couldn’t ask for any better! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement in the cards you gave us; we were so touched. Together with you, we look forward to seeing God continue to work in powerful ways in His church.
We love you!
Randy and Kay McKean